View Full Version : 2215 revisted

PDANEWBIE
02-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Okay I made a post about giving up the ghost on my 2215 and I really can't. I would love to but something is nagging at me (must be the troubleshooter in me).

The funny thing is I did a hard reset of my device and the SD card/slot and media player functions work fine. Ran songs on it for 4 hours over the course of 2 days with no sound turning off and the backlight turning off as it should.

After installing only the HP micro keyboard, Beta player, Pocket informant, pocket breeze, and a few media player skins it started to display the exact same symptoms as before. All of this was into main memory.

Is there perhaps a problem with the main memory? Could one of these apps possibly cause that much of a problem with the 2215 device? I would think if any of these did there would be mention of this type of symptom...

Any thoughts on why my PPC would work fine as factory default but not as it should with a few apps loaded (come to think of it when I sent it off to HP it came back without anything loaded as well maybe thats why they thought it was fixed)?

Steven Cedrone
02-03-2005, 07:07 PM
All I can think of doing is for you load things on one at a time and test after each to try and find out what is breaking the device...

Steve

Ripper014
02-03-2005, 08:29 PM
I agree... it sounds like it could be a software issue. It could be one program or the combination of two or more programs causing the problem. I have had all those programs in my device at one time or another without issues. The only one that was not in my machine would be the driver for the Micro Keyboard.

As mentioned... I would reload one program at a time back in and test them to see who the offender is.