View Full Version : SD in the Jornada 560 series MMC slot??

merk1821
02-03-2005, 07:43 AM
Does an SD card work in the MMC slot that was built into two of 560 series batteries? I have an opppurtunity to purchase the MMC baterry at a very good price but just want to make sure that i can use SD cards in the MMC slot

Merk

timbur
02-03-2005, 11:25 AM
I couldn't get mine to see one - ymmv.

Tim

tospappy
02-03-2005, 03:16 PM
I had a 568 and the MMC battery as well as the PC card battery adapter which also had a MMC slot. Sometimes the SD card would work fine, other times, it would not. It would always recognized the file, but when I tried to open larger files, MS pocket street maplets, for example, it would lock up. Music and normal documents seemed to work ok. There was a lot of discussion about this issue and it appeared to be a driver problem HP never resolved. It did not work any better with a MMC than it did with an SD.

airconvent
02-13-2005, 05:29 PM
the documentation mentioned only MMC cards but did not specifically say "MMC only". I have placed my friend's 128MB SD card inside the slot and it works. In fact, the read-write speed was at least 4 times faster than my MMC card! (i took me 4 min to copy a 4MB file into the MMC card but less than 1 min for the SSD card).
I guess you need to test the card before you buy it to make sure.

Sven Johannsen
02-13-2005, 07:59 PM
When I had mine I found that SD cards worked as well as MMC cards as long as I stayed below 128M. When I threw a 256M SD in, all bets were off. Couldn't really compare, as MMC had topped out at about 128M at the time, while SD was steadily moving ahead. I had two 568s and both the MMC battery and the PC card sled to play with and it was consistant across all the combinations.