View Full Version : Problem with SD Memory Card

tpr46
02-03-2005, 02:38 AM
PLEASE HELP. I have a very serious problem with a SanDisk, SD (Secure Digital) Memory Card. I have been using a 512 MB card to store data and software on an IPAQ h4350. I removed the card and installed another card with photos for viewing on my IPAQ. When I reinstalled the original card it was corrupted and I lost access to all my data and software. When I check the memory on the card it says there is 163MB in use, but I can not access any software or data. I have use retrieval software and recovered some info but can not recover many of the *.psw and *.pxl files. Can anyone help? What can I do to prevent this from happening again?

njl2016
02-03-2005, 02:56 AM
Do you use a USB memory card reader? Before you remove the card from it, make sure you stop the device by going into the taskbar, then looking for the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon (It has a grey thing with a green arrow) then select the appropriate drive and hit "Stop." Or, you could shut down your computer then remove the disk.

You should also make sure that when you remove the card from your iPAQ that it isn't reading from it.