View Full Version : NEED SERVER PROPERTIES TO SYNC. MY iPAQ

winston1425
01-31-2005, 06:11 PM
I have a HP iPaq2215 which I used to Sync and down loads News, Sports, Weather etc. from AVantGo Site (sync.avantgo.com) and read them when ever I needed them . I have no problem getting my PDA Syinc from the network connection at work, but I have problem Syincing & connected from my home DSL Service [AT&T DSL] . I think my PDA is looking for my Server Properties, that is server adress which includes 1. Host name (example sync.avantgo.com) 2. Port N0 [ example is 80]

I would like to know how and where to find these [ N01 and N0 2] if you have a DSL internet provider. I think without these information I can only get connected (sync) to my Desk top only and not to AvantoGo through my DSL.

Thank you in advance.

applejosh
01-31-2005, 06:40 PM
Both of those should be the same no matter where you are (i.e. sync.avantgo.com and 80). Are you getting any error messages on the desktop PC when trying to sync avantgo, or is it just not going? Do you have AvantGo selected in the ActiveSync items? Are you connecting to your home system as a guest or as a partnership?

winston1425
01-31-2005, 06:50 PM
I am getting an error message on my desk top, also the down load and update on my PDA was going for ever that I could not get off of it, I end up in soft resetting. I don't know how to set myself as an active user. Thanks.