View Full Version : What happened to my Activesync???

boomer_sooner
01-31-2005, 03:22 AM
For the past month since I got my X30, Activesync has worked like a charm via BT and USB... until last night. All of a sudden, I connect via BT and Activesync starts up then stops with a "synchronization error" message (no other details... thanks MS!) and disconnects from my X30. WTF? I tried again a few times, then again via USB - same result. I deleted the profile, reconnected - same thing. I deleted the profile, uninstalled AS 3.7 and installed AS 3.8 - same result. :bad-words:

I spent quite a bit of the day researching this on Google, but have yet to find a solution. I'm back using AS 3.7, can connect as a Guest so I can transfer files and install apps, but I still can't sync anything. Here are the suggested solution I've tried so far...

Verified that repl.dat is in the profile dir - C:\Docs Settings\me\App Data\Activesync\Profiles\Axim_X30h\.
Uninstalled eWallet's sync utility thinking maybe it caused a conflict.
Unchecked everything in sync options.
Removed SD card.
Formatted SD card.
Ensured WinXP firewall is off.
Checked router firewall for anything that might be blocking the connection to AS.I know I could try to hard reset my X30, but I'm trying to avoid it. It makes no sense at all. I haven't installed anything or made any hardware changes whatsoever.

Anyone out there who have had this problem and were actually able to fix it? Any and all suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

Jason Dunn
01-31-2005, 03:58 PM
I really hate ActiveSync bugs like this - the ones where no matter what you try, you end up in the same place. Assuming you've tried the obvious such as rebooting your PC and soft resetting your Pocket PC, I think a hard reset on your X30 is your only option.

This is a long shot, but have you tried a System Restore on XP back to a day where you knew you were able to sync? Sometimes ActiveSync on the desktop gets messed up.

You may also want to consider a reinstall of ActiveSync overtop the current build, or an uninstall/reboot/reinstall.

I really hate ActiveSync. :evil:

boomer_sooner
02-01-2005, 12:26 AM
I'm right with you in the "I hate Activesync" boat. All was fine until just the other day, then all of a sudden, AS doesn't work anymore. I haven't made any hardware changes or installed any new desktop software, so I'm not sure a system restore will do anything. Besides, I think I turned off that feature - I'll have to check.

Looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and hard reset the X30. :roll: