View Full Version : CELLPHONES! NEED AVISE, WHICH ONE TO BUY?

Cadavidf
01-31-2005, 01:28 AM
hey i need help on choosing a good cellphone i dont have an extended budget,but the only thing it needs to have is Bluetooth... i herd that the nokia phones have a problem with the connectivity, is this true? can i dial from my h2200? if yes how? and is there any other stuff, games, webpages, software i can download/buy? i would like also to be small as posible, i carry way to many things in my pockets.
i just want a phone with bluetooth i dont want to replace my pocket pc for a 2 in 1 ... isnt it what every consumer wants?

finally, i would like to hear what comments do you having a PPC phone edition device or do you prefer to have 2 devices designed specifically for what hey have been made of?

Menneisyys
01-31-2005, 05:50 AM
i herd that the nokia phones have a problem with the connectivity, is this true?

Some new Nokia models (e.g the 6230) have only advanced pairing authentication caapbilities, which, at first, the 2210/1940 BT stack didn't support. Now, this is fixed, so you won't have problems with any Nokia phone.

However, if you want a really cost-effective solution, you may go for the Sony-Ericsson t68i (it's dirt cheap; still, a nice phone) or the t610 (it's more expensive, but nowhere as much as, say, the 6230)

You may also want to check out howardforums.com on mobile phones.

i dont want to replace my pocket pc for a 2 in 1 ... isnt it what every consumer wants?

finally, i would like to hear what comments do you having a PPC phone edition device or do you prefer to have 2 devices designed specifically for what hey have been made of?

Until I can have a hi-end VGA Phone Edition device (there is none at yet; it's only Asus that, according to rumors, is working on one), I go for the separated version

g0097
01-31-2005, 07:35 AM
If you are looking for a pda, phone combo, check out the Imate Jam. It is a full blown pda, plus you get the phone support and its about the size of a regular candy bar shaped phone.

Kowalski
01-31-2005, 12:19 PM
i agree with Menneisyys. since you dont want a phone edition pocket pc, SE t610/t630 will do the job for you, or alternatively if you like clamshell phones, z600 is the same device, only in different form factor.

xxpinballxx
01-31-2005, 01:48 PM
I use to think two devices was absurd when you can have it all in one.

Shortly after getting my MPX220 I realized that talking on the phone for business and trying to use the PDA function of the smartphone was almost painful!

Too much of the hold on a sec, taking down info, then okay go ahead, then hold on a sec, and the vicious cycle continues.....

I think two devices makes it so much easier. Especially for someone who needs to look at documents while talking with clients or co-workers.

Just my take....and the phone issue i believe the t610 is an excellent choice for what you are wanting.

Sven Johannsen
01-31-2005, 02:46 PM
Shortly after getting my MPX220 I realized that talking on the phone for business and trying to use the PDA function of the smartphone was almost painful!

But that is a Smartphone. Totally different use paradigm than a PPC Phone Edition. You would get similar capabilities on the PPC side with the PE, if you use a wired or wireless (BT) headset with it for your scenario.

clbsvi
01-31-2005, 03:17 PM
Suggestion: Choose service provider first and then choose BT phone from among phones they offer vs. phone quality and cost.

Not sure what country you reside in. In USA, largest service area is provided by Cingular since buying AT&T. Cingular also has good sevice with minutes-carry over and reasonable price at $40.00 US plus taxes. If service is criteria, then select desired phone, say w/ BT, from among phones offered by your chosen service carrier. I've always had good luck with Nokia. Currently using T-Mobile with no plans to change; they provide excellent service vs. monthly cost.

Avoid AllTel (Service Carrier; they suck wind like a deep space vacuum)
like you would avoid the bubonic plague or smallpox. Nuff said. Good luck.

Cadavidf
01-31-2005, 04:16 PM
well i currently reside in Bogota Colombia, they have like 3 main services. Comcel, Ola, and Bellsouth (which Telefonica resently bought) and i have my old school nokia 8260, and when i lived in guatemala i had a motorola v60 (which doesnt work in colombia, for what ever reason they always say "the software isnt compatible" (which seems to be like a cheap excuse since i resently saw a friend with the same motorola v60!) ... well, since my phone is in comcel, and i have had my 8260 for more than a year (actually 3 years) they say that i can upgrade my phone to a newer model.

comcel is the largest cellphone service and the one which has the largest coverage. and it uses the least frequency in the gsm network so coverage is on their side... i cant switch providers, but i wouldn't like to Comcel is the best among the 3 (ill have to wait until Telefonica Add pop up and prices start droping.

Cadavidf
01-31-2005, 10:27 PM
hey i went to the comcel service store and there were 3 phones available the nokia 1100, motorola c115, and another one soo cheap i can even remember i only remember the "xt" at the end... anyways they told me that the nokia 6230 was available in 2 weeks i got mi hands on one of those because a friend has it, but i just looked at it for like about 9 seconts... so what do you know about this device :?:

Battery life
Camara
Video Camara
Screen
Connectivity
Design
etc...