View Full Version : Another Jornada 567 R.I.P. ??

ribokas
01-30-2005, 03:02 PM
It was working fine yesterday morning and then in the afternoon it would not power on. This happened occasionally in the past but a soft reset always fixed it. Not this time. I put it in the cradle and it still would not power up. The amber light was on briefly but then that went out and won't come back on. I tried plugging in the AC adapter... nothing. No response on hard reset either.

I don't understand how it can go from working fine to being little more than a paperweight in only a few hours. I see that others have had similar problems recently so perhaps it has just run out of time. I think it was 3 years old in November.

Any suggestions or is it really dead? I can't see the point in spending money to send it in for repairs as at this point as I know that money would be more wisely spent on a new Pocket PC. This is the first time in about 5 years I have been without one and I don't like it.

airconvent
02-13-2005, 05:36 PM
thank goodness I just renewed my warranty for another year!
I suppose this would be the last year as HP has stopped accepting warranty requests from new accounts. Since the first year expired, I have had mine renewed every year with reducing cost. I guess I have loyalty points.
Best thing is, since I bought my device some 4 years ago, I have it replaced with a brand new set a few times due to the dust problem. My current set is only about 1+ year old..heh heh
Damn great pda...I weep for those who have to move on...they will miss the side jog dial, the tap-on-screen-to-turn-on, the well designed flip cover, the display-off (and not backlightoff) button for mp3/wma playing, Omnisolve amongst others....I'm holding on, baby!!

ralfsmith
12-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Can you provide me more information on this matter?

[email protected]

[email protected]

Brian72684
12-02-2005, 05:41 AM
For what it is worth, I had an issue with my HP Jornada 568. The guy at the following link (ebay) was able to repair mine, with less than a week turnaround from mailing to getting it back. Fee was $55, and the unit works great.

Brian

http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-JORNADA-REPAIR-SERVICE-520-525-545-547-548-565-568_W0QQitemZ5833423998QQcategoryZ38331QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem