View Full Version : Palm "Memopad" entries, and Address book entries....how to switch them over?

xdev
01-30-2005, 01:29 AM
want to switch over to a MDA III
but if i cant get this sorted, im just gonna sell the mda and stick wit my NX 70...

CTSLICK
01-30-2005, 05:57 AM
Boy its been a while since I switched over but I just used Outlook as the middle man for this. Synch Palm Notes and Address book to Outlook and then synch you MDA III to Outlook

xdev
01-30-2005, 01:59 PM
how do i sync my palm with outlook?

CTSLICK
01-30-2005, 07:37 PM

Sorry...too long ago to recall the exact steps. If memory serves you need to change the settings on the Palm Synch software (on your desktop) and tell it to use the Outlook conduits instead of synching to the Palm Desktop software. Maybe someone here that's done this recently can help with a step by step for you.

CTSLICK
01-30-2005, 07:45 PM

BTW a quick search for the words "transfer contacts" on this portion of the forum turned up these two discussions

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27101&highlight=transfer+contacts

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32115&highlight=transfer+contacts

I am betting this is answered in depth already, try a few searches :wink: :)

xdev
01-30-2005, 11:37 PM
the thing is, all those methods involve buying a third party software. I dont have a credit card!!
Quite frustrating...

Vidge
01-31-2005, 01:34 AM
As I recall, the NX shipped with Intellisync Lite, which you can install to sync with Outlook. Check your installation CD.

smashie2000
01-31-2005, 09:41 AM
they way I did it was to beam all of the contacts to the PPC from the palm, worked a treat :D

xdev
01-31-2005, 12:10 PM
beaming does not work....it tries to put all the contacts in the category as one file...i guess if i get really deperate i will have to beam all of them over one by one..
For some reason intellisync wont install on my PC....i guess its time for a format...
Thanks for all the help guys....
Now....i dont suppose anyone knows how to install ringtones/sounds?
Lost the instruction manual
I want to change the sounds for the reminders, alarms, ringtones, and SMS messages...where do i install those sounds to?
Any help greatly appreciated.... :oops: