View Full Version : ROM Update for Axim X50 series

ethancaine
01-28-2005, 01:27 PM
Dell has released ROM A02 for Axim X50 and X50v.

I'm not sure how to hyperlink it, so maybe one of ya'll could do that for me.

I've already installed the new ROM and noticed a few minor changes: touchscreen sensitivity and accuracy increased and new Wi-Fi options.

Darius Wey
01-28-2005, 02:12 PM
How coincedental. I was just working on a front page news post on the new ROM update. Thanks for the heads-up anyway. :)

Sven Johannsen
01-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Oh yea! ;) , Oh darn, :( It is good to see an update. Hopefully it fixes some of the niggling issues. Often they don't release all the things that are fixed for fear of losing face by admitting they needed fixing.

The darn is because it always takes a day to rebuild the unit after a ROM upgrade. Conventional wisdom is to not try to restore from a backup after a ROM update, even if the instructions say you can. I've never had that work out well. Usually works, but you often get some odd issues.

wocket
01-28-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm updating one as I type (on another machine). One arrived for me yesterday with lots of goodies Tv card(promo) big battery, VGA adaptor. I hav'nt even started using it yet.

dokich
02-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Wocket -- pardon my newness here -- what does the VGA adapter and TV card do for you? TV on an AXIM? VGA output to a full screen monitor?

Thanks