View Full Version : trying to connect H3700 to internet help please

artie85
01-28-2005, 04:17 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi i bought an ipaq h3700 from ebay without instructions of how to connect it to the internet. I have wireless internet at home so i am wondering if i can connect this to my computer and be able to go online from the ipaq or in any other way to get it to go on the web. Thank you let me know

Jimmy Dodd
01-28-2005, 04:29 AM
You can use the Pass-Through feature of ActiveSync if you are connected to your PC and the PC is connected to the Internet. If you are wanting to go wireless to the PC or your local net then you'll need some sort of expansion WiFi card (SD or CF if you have a 3700 sled).

If you want to find the manual for your iPAQ, go to HP's web site (www.hp.com) and search (all of HP) on the keywords
ipaq h3700 manual
and you'll see all they have to offer.

Enjoy!

Menneisyys
01-28-2005, 11:52 AM
I have wireless internet at home so i am wondering if i can connect this to my computer and be able to go online from the ipaq or in any other way to get it to go on the web.

With a CF/PCMCIA sleeve, you can buy an additional CF/PCMCIA Wi-Fi card. Almost all CF-based Wi-Fi cards and some PCMCIA (not Cardbus!) Wi-Fi cards support Pocket PC 2k/2k2.

If you already have a PCMCIA (and not a CF) sleeve, you should choose frm between the two:

The advantage of PCMCIA cards is that

1, some have direct (or, easily hackable) aerial connector
2, you can directly insert them into most notebooks

The advantage of CF cards is that

1, mostly, they consume less power than their PCMCIA counterparts
2, you will be able to use them in a lot of other PDA's too.

They, however, don't have any external aerial socket capabilities (and no "hacks" are known to circumvent this, unlike with PCMCIA cards), which can be very limiting.

Personally, I'm using an ASUS Wi-Fi CF card in my (PPC2k2) 3660 + PCMCIA sleeve without problems. Works great.

xatlasm
03-02-2005, 05:00 AM
the desktop pass-through feature doesn't work for the ppc 2k devices...

if your 3700 is running ppc 2k, then you can't use it...

Menneisyys
03-02-2005, 09:01 AM
the desktop pass-through feature doesn't work for the ppc 2k devices...

if your 3700 is running ppc 2k, then you can't use it...

All 37xx devices came with ppc2k2 - it was the 36xx series that had PPC2k by default.

xatlasm
03-03-2005, 07:06 AM
my bad!