View Full Version : 5550 spontaneously wakes up every hour for a few secs???

Sooner Magic
01-27-2005, 03:31 PM
My iPAQ turns itself on every hour for about 10-15 seconds and turns itself back off. What's up with that?

Also, last night before I went to bed it was charged up to 95%, but by this morning it was at 83% - any ideas? It was not plugged into my laptop and it was "off". :|

WyattEarp
01-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Try checking the iPAQ Backup program. Goto Programs > iPAQ Backup > Options > Battery Monitoring. Make sure Enable Battery Monitoring is unchecked. This part of the program monitors the battery but can only do it if the PPC is on so it turns it on every so often.

johnnydigit3l
01-27-2005, 07:53 PM
go into your today screen settings and make sure that "display the today screen every" is set to >>never<< by default, if the device is in standby, it will "turn on" and momentarily display the today screen. hope this helps

ctmagnus
01-27-2005, 09:58 PM
That's definitely a Sprite Backup/iPaq Backup issue. With Battery Monitoring disabled, I generally lose ~5% overnight.

WyattEarp
01-28-2005, 07:02 AM
go into your today screen settings and make sure that "display the today screen every" is set to >>never<< by default, if the device is in standby, it will "turn on" and momentarily display the today screen. hope this helps

That's "Display Today screen if device is not used for X hours". Basically you will see the Today screen when you turn on the device after "X" amout of time. :)

stevelam
04-08-2005, 09:28 AM
thanks guys this solves the problem with my h2210 as well :lol:

pnjm
04-16-2005, 12:01 PM
Hey that's great.

You all just gave me the answer to my own concern about my rx3715 turning itself on every now and then for no apparent reason.

I kept telling myself it must have been because I accidentally pressed something. ;-)

This phenomenon must go right across HP's Ipaq range.

PN