View Full Version : ipaq 5555 problem charging with AC adapter

osmeusa
01-26-2005, 06:20 AM
hey everyone
My ipaq 5555 stopped charging from the AC, and I thought it was the AC's fault but... when i try to charge it with the USB cradle,(without the AC adapter connected) it works, only in USB fast charge, if i choose slow charge it doesnt work again. What could this be? 8O
now im afraid of forgetting to charge it cuz if i loose all the charge i wont be able to charge the battery again :cry:

if anyone knows please let me know thanks!

osmeusa
01-26-2005, 06:57 AM
i tried downgrading the rom, but now i cant, i get this error...

ERROR: AC POWER

The AC Power is not connected to your IPAQ Pocket PC. Please connect AC power and try again. :cry:

PDANEWBIE
01-26-2005, 02:27 PM
It still could be the AC adapters fault. I would recommend finding a like AC adaptor and swap it out. Have you checked the pin in the cradle where you connect the AC adaptor maybe that is bent or ruined and the AC adaptor is fine but the cradle needs to be reaplced?

Menneisyys
01-26-2005, 03:06 PM
when i try to charge it with the USB cradle,(without the AC adapter connected) it works, only in USB fast charge, if i choose slow charge it doesnt work again. What could this be?

If the charge of your battery is over a certain (say, 40-70%, depending on a lot of factors) charge level, then, this is logical and understandable because low available charging currents are not guaranteed to 'kick in' the charging mechanism when the battery needs a lot of charge.