View Full Version : Charging the jam

Mark Somerstein
01-26-2005, 03:39 AM
The charger that came with my i-mate jam does not seem to be working. When I plug the charger into the wall, a green light on the charger illuminates, but as soon as I plug the mini port into the i-mate jam, that green light immediately goes out and the charger does not charge the unit. I tried several different outlets with the same result. I also tried plugging in the charger with the mini port alreadt in the jam without success (the light bever even came on). Any ideas? It seems like I got a bad charger in my box.

Paragon
01-26-2005, 05:27 AM
Sounds like something funky is going on with the charger. For now you can charge it with the USB cable that came with it, it is a sync and charge cable.

Dave

Matt Kitchen
01-26-2005, 05:29 AM
It looks like you do have a bad cahrger, as it the light should stay lit green even when plugged in. Have you used the USB cable that comes with it to plug into your PC to make sure its not an issue with the JAM? I haven't seen any replacement chargers available yet, but happy googling. i-mate should be able to help you out though, or at least the place you bought it from.

From your previous post i am assuming you have already plugged it into your PC to charge it, so we know it is not actually the JAM, right?

Mark Somerstein
01-26-2005, 07:54 PM
The synch and charge cable works fine - so I agree that it must be the charger. Thx.