View Full Version : How can I limit the amount of email I sync?

wilddoktor
01-25-2005, 09:44 PM
Hey! N00b to this forum, but not to PPCs.

But I still need help!

Does anybody know how to only sync email from certain people? Using activesync, I can (of course) sync every email currently in my inbox (Windows XP and Office 2003 on desktop); I can even select which folders to sync...but the horrible part is that I cannot DEselect the inbox itself! I don't want all that stuff. All I want is email that comes in from specific contacts.

Like on my blackberry.

Currently using a work-provided iPaq 3870...but will have that taken away soon if I cannot get the above to work!

Please; help a brother escape the claws of the cluless managers!! :lol:

Deemo
01-27-2005, 02:23 AM
It should be easy enough by setting up folders and then rules to move certain emails to those folders as they are downloaded in Outlook.
I do this with a stock news subscription I subscribe to.
Any email with "stockwatch" in the header go directly to the "Stockwatch" folder I set up.
This has made my Inbox much easier to review.
You can decide then if you want to sync that folder.
OK?

wilddoktor
01-27-2005, 04:31 PM
Deemo, thanks for your reply!

I do currently have rules setup, and I've got the folders checked (in activesync) that I want to sync up...but it still syncs those folders PLUS any email in the top-level of the inbox.

I'm trying to figure out how to NOT get the stuff that's in the INBOX...but still get the stuff in the folders that I've checked.

Deemo
01-28-2005, 01:04 AM
I think you just need to structure it better.
Rather than "if xxxx then" try using "if not xxx then" logic....basically like a spam filter.
You will have to determine the characteristis of the email you DON'T want over time and then put those "words" or whatever into a different folder.
Call it "Low Priority" or something.
I did this with spam before Outlook 2003 filtering or ISP filtering.
Mail with "hair loss", enhancement (you know what type :mrgreen: ), mortgage, etc got bumped to spam leaving the important stuff.