View Full Version : VOICE RECORDER IN HP ipAQ 2215?

winston1425
01-24-2005, 10:22 PM
Does any one knows how to use the voice recorder In the HP iPAQ2215.?
The manuel and a book I have does not explain anything about voice recording. Do I have to buy a seaperate program for this?

Fishie
01-25-2005, 12:38 AM
The manuel and a book I have does not explain anything about voice recording. Do I have to buy a seaperate program for this?

Its built in, cehck your programs.
You can even set one of the buttons on your device to start recording when you press it.

msdawe
01-25-2005, 02:54 AM
It is part of the Notes application. When you make a new note you will notice an icon at the bottom that looks like a cassette. Pressing that allows you to access the voice recording features of the notes application. Pocket Word also has the same feature accessed via the View->Recording menu option.

Or as Fishie said, you can assign a button using the control panel applet. The function you're looking for is "Record". It works best this way because when you press-and-hold the assigned button it will open Notes and start recording. It will stop recording when you release the button. It will beep to acknowledge these actions to you.

Menneisyys
01-25-2005, 09:13 PM

You can use as described above, but, especially if you want to take longer recordings, you should consider getting an MP3 recorder. See e.g. http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36508 for more info on them.