View Full Version : Audiovox XV6600 now at Verizon!

mhynek
01-24-2005, 04:18 PM
This will not come as a surprise to most of us, but Verizon is finally offering the Audiovox XV6600. Albeit without the camera. This is Verizon's first PPCPE that is capable of using EV. While I was in Chicago, I checked out a functioning and connected model and it had an EV icon on the top bar of the screen! True wireless broadband on a Verizon Network, finally! Here is the link if you're interested:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=1581

Basic Features

All-digital (800MHz CDMA/1900 MHz) operation
NationalAccess/BroadbandAccess Capable
VZEmail with Wireless Sync
MSM5500 Chipset
3.5" QVGA 65K Color Transflective LCD
Connectivity via Bluetooth®
Integrated QWERTY Keyboard
SDIO Expansion Slot for additional memory and peripheral devices
Microsoft® Pocket PC 2003 Phone Edition
Intel® Dalhart 400 MHz Processor
ROM 64MB / RAM 128MB
TXT messaging
Image Formats Supported: .bmp, .jpeg, .gif
Audio Formats Supported: .wav, .mp3
Meets FCC SAR limit. Manufacturer's highest FCC reported SAR 0.09 at ear, 1.47 on body. Actual SAR may vary

russpetrone
05-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Your right, EV DO service is now available on an EV DO enabled PDA, but Verizon has shot themselves in the foot by having come out with the VX6600 with $49.95 unlimited pricing!

You see, I use a PC5220 card through Verizon for EV DO service @ $79.95, so by using this card instead of the AudioVox unit I and all other PC5220 card users are penalized by the higher price.

We PC5220 card users need to contact Verizon and demand a change to the lower price point!! :(