View Full Version : Bluetooth Parrot CK3300

janovetz
01-24-2005, 04:54 AM
Hey-

Has anyone installed a Parrot CK3300 in their car? I'm interested in the audio relay to the stereo and GPS mainly, but would use the handsfree stuff if I upgrade my cellphone.

Jake

MonkeyMera
01-25-2005, 06:02 PM
Ive just bought a Parrot CK3300 and have it installed in my car, and its fantastic, i havnt tried syncing my PDA to it at the mo (HP IPAQ2210) but i will tonight now and let you know how i got on, i wont be able to try the GPS bit out as i dont have any GPS software but i will try and play some MP3's throught it, but dont you need mp3 software that will lt you play through a Bluetooth device though???

JimPAQ
01-25-2005, 09:18 PM
but dont you need mp3 software that will lt you play through a Bluetooth device though???

You could do that through you PDA Mera. I think you have to do a reg. hack to add in the Audio profile in bt manager though. I did it on my 2210, but never used it, so I changed it back.

-Jim

MonkeyMera
01-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Sorry to sound really thick but............. how do you do that jimPAQ

janovetz
01-26-2005, 04:10 PM
I'm very interested to hear your results with playing MP3s through. That's one of the reasons I'd get it.

Do you have a laptop with BT?

I posted a note on an expansys forum asking if the CK3300 would work with the hx4700 PDA and a Compaq x1000 laptop. They said, no word on the laptop, but said that the hx4700 would work GPS-only.

I don't quite understand why BT audio won't work with -all- devices. It's the main thing that BT was designed for and I would expect it to be heavily specified. Why do we even have compatibility lists at all?!

Jake

MonkeyMera
01-26-2005, 04:25 PM
I cant get the CK3300 to sync with my PPC as the scree for the CK3300 had to be sent back, one of the back light LED's wasnt working, but i have synced it with my phone Nokia 7600 and if i play any sound ie MP3 or Ring tone even the shutter noise to say ive taken a pic it plays back through the car speakers automatically so i cant see why not the same wouldnt happen with my Ipaq, i'll try it again when i get the screen back should be today or tomorrow hopefully