View Full Version : Thanks for all that helped

ipaq1940
01-22-2005, 08:33 PM
A while ago, as you might remember, I posted a topic about not being allowed to bring my ppc to school. After my mom read all the replies I'd printed oof, she said she'd agreed with me.

SO she told me to come back in here amd just say "thanks" to all those who relied, because "they all had god points" (as she said).

Thanks! (I just love showing off my ppc at lunch-they all can't beleive what it can do)

Kowalski
01-22-2005, 08:54 PM
i hope you use your device for productivity applications and manage your work, it wouldnt be nice to just show your friends what you got and what this tiny monster can do

Sven Johannsen
01-22-2005, 10:06 PM
That's great. As Kowalski says, do good things with it, and set the example. They can certainly be misused, and generally that will spoil it for everyone, not just you.

Steven Cedrone
01-23-2005, 01:39 AM
Yes, you have a great tool for school! Use it for what you originally intended, and don't be tempted by the dark side! :wink: You (and those that follow your example) will be much more productive and much more successful...

Good luck, and "thanks" Mom!!! :way to go:

Steve

OSUKid7
01-23-2005, 01:52 AM
I missed the original thread, but I'm a student too... I wouldn't say don't take it to school, but only use it when its needed. I typically carry mine, but don't use it much at school, simply because the oooh and aaah factor is to great. I mean, people ask if its a palm, if it has games, how much it cost, etc. By the time I try to be nice and answer all the questions, I can't actually do anything practical with it. :lol: Well, that's just my experience. :|

Kowalski
01-23-2005, 02:17 AM
I typically carry mine, but don't use it much at school, simply because the oooh and aaah factor is to great. I mean, people ask if its a palm, if it has games, how much it cost, etc. By the time I try to be nice and answer all the questions, I can't actually do anything practical with it. :lol: Well, that's just my experience. :|

the same problem here :| in my country people pay hundreds of dollars to fashion phones, but almost nobody has a pda, and i am tired of explaining people "this is not a new phone model, this is a pda, yes it has many features, and of course it can access to internet, you enter text by the stylus, no you cant touch it"

i am so tired of answering questions so i am always carying a little notebook with me(what a shame)

skewline
01-23-2005, 06:45 AM
That's great. As Kowalski says, do good things with it, and set the example. They can certainly be misused, and generally that will spoil it for everyone, not just you.

Good work! You asked your parents, they considered. So "set the example" for those who will be watching you.

ipaq1940
01-23-2005, 09:50 AM
I want to smack everyone who walks up to me and says "Is that a Palm Pilot?!"

I explain the difference between ppc and palm, and what a palm pilot actually is. This gets them more confused, and I want to hit them more.
:evil: :evil:

OSUKid7
01-23-2005, 02:36 PM
I want to smack everyone who walks up to me and says "Is that a Palm Pilot?!"

I explain the difference between ppc and palm, and what a palm pilot actually is. This gets them more confused, and I want to hit them more.
:evil: :evil:
Exactly...which is why I stopped using mine at school. :roll: