View Full Version : What new bluetooth phone should I get

isilver
01-20-2005, 12:36 AM
I'm looking to buy a new bluetooth phone to allow me to dial into my ISP using my PocketPC via bluetooth. I used to have a Sony Ericsson t68i but I could never get it to connect.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might be able to use? I want all the same options that came with Sony Ericsson but I want to be able to connect to my ISP. I'm also not very rich so I am looking for some cheaper solutions (mainly I don't want people to start suggesting 10,000 phones or anything).

ADBrown
01-20-2005, 02:36 AM
I'm looking to buy a new bluetooth phone to allow me to dial into my ISP using my PocketPC via bluetooth. I used to have a Sony Ericsson t68i but I could never get it to connect.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might be able to use? I want all the same options that came with Sony Ericsson but I want to be able to connect to my ISP. I'm also not very rich so I am looking for some cheaper solutions (mainly I don't want people to start suggesting 10,000 phones or anything).

What provider are you using, and/or are you looking for a deal with new activation?

isilver
01-20-2005, 03:13 AM
I am using Fido but I would prefer to go to MTS. MTS (http://www.mts.ca) support CADM as where Fido (http://www.fido.ca) supports GSM (I thing, I'm not 100% sure what they support).[/url]

ADBrown
01-20-2005, 09:05 AM
The problem is that once you leave GSM, Bluetooth phones drop to near zero. For CDMA carriers like MTS, there's only a couple of relatively recent BT phones. One is the v710, by Motorola. Another is the HTC Harrier PPC phone, but I doubt you want to replace your PocketPC. The problem is, the v710 would be kind of expensive. You'd probably be talking about a couple of hundred US dollars. Sticking with GSM would be a lot cheaper.

isilver
01-20-2005, 09:15 AM
What sort of GSM options do I have then?

yankeejeep
01-20-2005, 12:11 PM
Sony Ericsson has several models out. I have been using the T616 for close to a year (AT&T GSM service) and have found it to be a good, reliable connector when I'm in GSM service areas. I like the fact that it has both BT and IrDA for connection options.