View Full Version : Best DVD to Pocket Media conversion software?

PDANEWBIE
01-19-2005, 08:41 PM
I know theres quite a few of the DVD to Pocket PC type softwares out there that are supposedly fairly user friendly. What are your opinions on them vrs the long drawn out do it yourself type of scenario.

I really don't have alot of time to spend on doing a conversion so something I can do simply and efficiently but at the same time has a good quality I would love to use.

I have a 1 gig sd card and a 2.2 gig CF card so size really is not a matter as quality. Whats good out there and whats not worth wasting the money on? Best question yet is there one that is good and is free?

I just realized this prolly should have gone in multimedia so if someone wants to move it feel free :)

Don't Panic!
01-19-2005, 08:55 PM
two freeware programs I use one for the PC (fairusewizard light) and one for the Pocket PC betaplayer version 0.096 unstable are the easiest freeware alternatives I've used. With fairuse you can leave everything the way the program chooses except the name and destination folder for your project and get perfect 700MB .xvid files everytime. Betaplayer has everything WMP10 lacks. Color Controls, Brightness, Contrast, plays .mpg, .avi including .divx and .xvid, and .mp4 movies. The crazy thing plays music too! What it doesn't play is WMA\V or WMA files.

MROX
01-20-2005, 02:40 AM
I'm running some test with DVD2Pocket PC right now (with the demo). My first try with best sound and picture quality set for a 512md card, was not good enought for me. (I love good soud and picture quality and I don't care about the size)
My 2 and 3rd test with Beta (demo) was good.
Very easy to use.
If I need to do some fine tunnig by myself, there is more option then I can understand...

Up to now, it's Beta for me. (But I should try a tird one...)

See, my second test with DVD2PPC just finished to convert the 5min. file, and it's still a 14meg like my first try. I really doubt it will be better.

PhilH
01-20-2005, 03:09 PM
For excellent quality, I'd recommend Pocket-DVD Studio in conjunction with BetaPlayer. On my hx4700 the quality is amazing.

MROX
01-21-2005, 01:53 AM
Right!

Sorry, I realise it was clear in my head, but my post was really incomplete... :twak:

It's as you say PhilH.

:lol:

zilla31
01-21-2005, 09:23 PM
pocket-dvd studio and beta player are def the combo i've found so far... question though - anyone got recommendations on what to set for the output audio/video settings?

MROX
01-23-2005, 11:30 AM
As I said, for me it's everything to the top.
But I haven't touch the XviD configuration windows yet. Too advance for me.