View Full Version : hardware buttons.....

Johpoke
01-19-2005, 07:46 PM
Does anyone know any app which lets you disable some/all of the hardware buttons so that when you push them nothing happens, (it doesn’t even turn ON)

:?:

Thanks

EDIT:

Maybe I should add I’m using a iPAQ 1915, so I cannot totally disable the hardware buttons in the control panel.

Menneisyys
01-19-2005, 07:54 PM
Does anyone know any app which lets you disable some/all of the hardware buttons so that when you puch them nothing happens, (it doesnt even turn ON)

:?:

Thanks

Unfortunately, there're no purely software (add-on) solutions - they all work in non-suspended mode (because they need to be run), it's only the screen that they shut down.

Some models have hardware / software (in ROM) keylocks. Examples are Toshibas (hardware keylock button) and e.g. the iPAQ 2210 and the Pocket Loox 720 (Settings/ Buttons / Lock and FSC KeyLock).

Other device manufacturers, if they DO include some kind of ROM-based keylock mechanism, will most likely put its settings screen in Settings/ Buttons. Did you already check whether it has a third tab, in addition to the two standard ones?

kyvinh
01-19-2005, 07:57 PM
Does anyone know any app which lets you disable some/all of the hardware buttons so that when you puch them nothing happens, (it doesnt even turn ON)

What I use is Vito Button Mapper, it is mostly used to launch programs but you can also set it to do nothing on button push.

Menneisyys
01-19-2005, 08:01 PM

What I use is Vito Button Mapper, it is mostly used to launch programs but you can also set it to do nothing on button push.

Unfortunately, even if you set your buttons to <None> in Settings/ Buttons (you don't need VITO's Button Mapper for this - even the built-in Buttons applet has this capability), pressing them still switches on the PPC.

kyvinh
01-19-2005, 08:04 PM

Unfortunately, even if you set your buttons to <None> in Settings/ Buttons (you don't need VITO's Button Mapper for this - even the built-in Buttons applet has this capability), pressing them still switches on the PPC.

Yeah, you're right. I just tried it. nvm then

Menneisyys
01-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Another option is getting a PDA case, if your PPC doesn't have any built-in button locker applet.

Johpoke
01-19-2005, 08:11 PM
Heheh, yea i know what you mean but ive built/sown my own, its great but s if i really squees the case, the buttons are pushed.

Menneisyys
01-19-2005, 08:14 PM
Heheh, yea i know what you mean but ive built/sown my own, its great but s if i really squees the case, the buttons are pushed.

Depends on the case. A hard (alu / plastic) case won't press your buttons. Not even Brando's leather cases - they are pretty hard too.