View Full Version : Want to revert to Avantgo 3.x (5.7 is bloat)

dugn
01-19-2005, 04:01 PM
I'm on an HP Jornada 568 and a happy user of Avantgo for YEARS. I recently took the plunge to Avantgo 5.7 and discovered it was HUGE and unwieldly. When I tried to uninstall it, everything went as expected, but now AvantGo 3.x is disabled (with a warning that I have a more recent version installed) and I cannot even re-install the original 3.x client due to a similar error at install time (something about "the integrated client cannot be isntalled while the regular AvantGo client is installed").

How can I get rid of the last traces of this newer, bloatier (5.7) :evil: version of AvantGo so I can get back to the way it was (3.x)?

DMGross
01-19-2005, 07:42 PM
I'm interested in how you removed AvantGo. When I run the remove program utility it does show up as a program that can be removed. I hestitate to just delete the files as I asume it will leave a trail in the registry and I'm not sure how to edit that. Please advise when you get a chance.

kyvinh
01-19-2005, 08:00 PM
There's a freeware uninstaller out there http://www.snapfiles.com/get/pocketpc/remover.html
Might want to try it...

yankeejeep
01-19-2005, 08:14 PM
If you have MemMaid, a cleaning scan would probably reveal some left-behind registry entries. Let it clean those and the uninstall on your Jornada should be complete. You may also need to check the add/remove program listing on your desktop and uninstall the AvantGo Client there as well (if it is listed). I have encountered a couple of apps that would not launch installation because I had not removed the desktop side of an earlier upgrade that I decided I wanted to roll back.