View Full Version : 8 weeks without PPC...Dell? Tungsten? Filofax?

STW
01-19-2005, 07:15 AM
Been a couple months now since my hp1945 stopped working two weeks after the warrentee expired (and not long after hp had serviced it for a similar problem :roll: ). Never had a Palm or PPC crap out like that but I'm changing careers now and can't afford to replace/upgrade on a whim like I used to.

Wouldn't have chosen to be ppc-less but it sure tells you what you really need it for. For me, I need to be able to save web pages to the device from the desktop and view them (IE) and drag and drop Word docs to device. Didn't have wifi on the 1945 but my building has it so I wouldn't mind built in wifi on a new device. Never used the 1945's bluetooth.

hp don't make a form factor I like now (loved the 1945) unless they still make the more expensive 41xx model. Don't know Dell devices so I wonder if they have a small simple model like the 1945--something with a better warrentee than hp!

Also now considering going back to Palm since they handle word docs now without intermediary softeware. Tunsten is small too.

Even considering just using Filofax (paper planner) for a while 8O

Darius Wey
01-19-2005, 09:49 AM
hp don't make a form factor I like now (loved the 1945) unless they still make the more expensive 41xx model. Don't know Dell devices so I wonder if they have a small simple model like the 1945--something with a better warrentee than hp!

If you were looking at Dell's models and wanted something similar to the h4155, you could consider the X30 (624MHz). It doesn't have the same form factor as the h1945/h4155, so you may have to adopt to the new shape. However, that aside, it's packed with a wealthy set of features (including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth).