View Full Version : Suggestion For Developers

rkfinley
01-17-2005, 04:29 AM
I work at night, outside and mostly in the dark. I love my VeiwSonic V36, it is just what I need and want.

My problem is that the backlight, on its lowest setting, is still far too bright. I am losing some of my night vision every time I look at the screen.

I need to be able to darken the backlight even further. This will have the added benefit of lengthening the battery life but that is not a problem.

Another use full tool would be the ability to change the display colors in programs, i.e. Word and Excel, like you would a today screen theme. Having the screen display in a black background with red graphics would allow us night owls to retain even more of our night vision.

Blessed Be,
Charles Sizemore
[email protected]
http://home.earthlink.net/~rkfinley/
Morality; is doing the right thing and not caring if any one is watching.

ppcinfo
01-17-2005, 05:26 AM
My problem is that the backlight, on its lowest setting, is still far too bright. I am losing some of my night vision every time I look at the screen.

I need to be able to darken the backlight even further. This will have the added benefit of lengthening the battery life but that is not a problem.
The backlight setting is a device-dependent operation, and it can only be set to whatever the backlight hardware and device driver is designed for. If for your device you have 5 distinct settings for the light level, then it cannot be changed to anything else.

Another use full tool would be the ability to change the display colors in programs, i.e. Word and Excel, like you would a today screen theme. Having the screen display in a black background with red graphics would allow us night owls to retain even more of our night vision.
Unless a program references system window colors (which theoretically could be changed), you can't alter the displayed colors for the application. I'm not sure if the MS-Applications (e.g., Word, Excel, etc.) references the window system colors or not.

ppcinfo