View Full Version : Ipaq 4150 change battery

isomaniac
01-16-2005, 02:13 PM
Ipaq 4150 change battery

Will my 4150 soft/hard reset after I have turned it off, and put into a full charged spare battery? Will the memory/programs be affected?

Thanks.

PDANEWBIE
01-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Hard resets remove all applications soft you won't have to reload anything. Just changing out a battery your PPC should keep all information due to a secondary memory battery.

Anyone correct me if I am wrong and this model does not have a secondary battery.

Sven Johannsen
01-16-2005, 04:39 PM
That's correct, you have easily enough time to leisurely change to a spare battery with the 4155, without losing anything.

collegea
01-16-2005, 04:50 PM
I bought a Mugen Power 3.7V 2000mAh Battery from PDA parts for my Ipaq 4155. I used it for about 4-5 months because I was very dissatisfied with the staying power of my original battery when I surfed the web via wifi. The Mugen battery is great. However, it changes the whole design of the Ipaq as it requires (and comes with) a bigger battery door.So, I switched back to the original battery. Now I'm finding that the original battery is beginning to wear out, so I'll have to switch back to the 2000mAh Mugen Battery. Another downside to the 2000mAh Mugen Battery is that I can't use my beautiful Sena case. I 'll just have to use my ugly HP case.

isomaniac
01-17-2005, 01:55 AM
I bought a Mugen Power 3.7V 2000mAh Battery from PDA parts for my Ipaq 4155. I used it for about 4-5 months because I was very dissatisfied with the staying power of my original battery when I surfed the web via wifi. The Mugen battery is great. However, it changes the whole design of the Ipaq as it requires (and comes with) a bigger battery door.So, I switched back to the original battery. Now I'm finding that the original battery is beginning to wear out, so I'll have to switch back to the 2000mAh Mugen Battery. Another downside to the 2000mAh Mugen Battery is that I can't use my beautiful Sena case. I 'll just have to use my ugly HP case.

The bigger size is also my concern. Can you make a photo of the "larger size" and show us?

Thanks.

collegea
01-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Try to visualize your IPAQ as being 7 1/2 months pregnant. That's what it looks like. As for showing you, sorry, for now. Battery Doors on these devices are somewhat fragile. I only change them when I'm prepared to use the other battery for a few months. When I make the switch, I'll show you.

yankeejeep
01-18-2005, 03:26 PM
This seems too obvious to say, but...

Turn your Ipaq off before changing the battery. This minimizes the amount of power the backup battery needs to provide as the main battery is swapped. It also minimizes the risk that a power flow fluctuation will bring an unintended hard reset.