View Full Version : Handwriting Software Suggestions - Windows Mobile 2nd Edition

IowaArchitect
01-15-2005, 09:49 PM
Hello - I have been using DECUMA and LOVED it....really liked how it would let you "write" on the bottom of your screen, and it would "recognize" it there, then you could "send" it to your application.

Unfortunatley their web site states it won't work with 2003 2nd Edition - which is what I have on my new AXIM X50V :D

ANY suggestions :idea: for similar handwriting recognition (or when Decuma will release a version of their software that works with new PPC devices) would be appreciated.

Thanks for any tips.

Menneisyys
01-15-2005, 09:54 PM
Hello - I have been using DECUMA and LOVED it....really liked how it would let you "write" on the bottom of your screen, and it would "recognize" it there, then you could "send" it to your application.

Unfortunatley their web site states it won't work with 2003 2nd Edition - which is what I have on my new AXIM X50V :D

ANY suggestions :idea: for similar handwriting recognition (or when Decuma will release a version of their software that works with new PPC devices) would be appreciated.

Thanks for any tips.

AFAIK CalliGrapher 7.4 ( http://www.phatware.com/calligrapher/index.html ) supports VGA, already checked it?

ctmagnus
01-16-2005, 05:05 AM
I use both Decuma (I have a WM2003 device) and Calligrapher. I use Calligrapher ~95% of the time and Decuma ~5%. Give Calligrapher a whirl; while Decuma's very, very nice, Calligrapher is much better imo, especially with the latest version.

Menneisyys
01-16-2005, 11:11 AM
Just found http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114217 on Calligrapher - worth reading!

newst
01-16-2005, 03:55 PM
Before you spend money, try the Transcriber program that comes with the Pocket PC. It doesn't have the add on programs that Calligrapher has, but it uses the same handwriting recognition engine as Calligrapher. If all you need is handwriting recognition its a good deal: free, accurate, and not as resource intensive as Calligrapher.