View Full Version : help me with backup files please!

sasamen
01-15-2005, 09:16 PM
I have a viewsonic V35. had it for a while and it contains..( used to) all my contacts, calendar events etc..
the power cable on the cradle got disconnected over night and lost all my info.
I have done incremental and full backups over time and hoped I could get all the info back.
however when I tryed to restore my info i received a message saying that the info was backed up from a different device!! (??)..
I think I set all the pocket pc info and settings the way they were but can't be 100% sure about that.( since the info was stored on the darn machine!)

I've located the STG file ( backup) but there's nothing I can do to view it's contents...
I would be happy enough to input all the info into my viewsonic manually again if I could just view the backup file...how do I do that?....or is there a way that I can get activesync to recognise the STG file and back it up onto the V35??...I really need this info asap so if anyone has any suggestions please reply to this post ...much appreciated...
sasamen

Menneisyys
01-15-2005, 09:28 PM
however when I tryed to restore my info i received a message saying that the info was backed up from a different device!! (??)..
I think I set all the pocket pc info and settings the way they were but can't be 100% sure about that.( since the info was stored on the darn machine!)

Did you modify the default setting in Settings/System/Regional Settings before backing up? If yes, do the same before restoring. It will surely cure the problem.