View Full Version : Siemens SX66: Cingular: Comcast Email

D Boy
01-15-2005, 03:31 PM
I have just entered the Pocket PC world with an SX66. I like it but can not get my "Comcast" email on the device (other than through syncronization). Typically I access my email on laptop through my USB port. I can connect to the internet from my handheld but still can't send email. I get a "Can't connect" error message.

I have been through my POP3 etc. settings on the SX66 several times. With 3 Cingular stores and tech service and can't find anyone who has any experience. Siemens and Comcast were very poor and gave me the "not my problem" response. Can anyone help?

As a side note to those thinking about the device. I was suspect that my device had a loose keyboard but couldn't tell if this was normal. I went back to the Cingular store to look at a second device when one was available. My keyboard was loose and the other one wasn't.

galt
01-15-2005, 06:58 PM
I assume you've entered the POP account info in Pocket Outlook according to the settings suggested by Comcast, if not, go to Comcast's web site and search the help info for Pocket PC. Here's one tip, on the server info page leave the field "Domain" blank.

Even w/my settings entered correctly, I still run into some problems sometimes, both sending & receiving over wifi, I'm considering trying another e-mail client...

D Boy
02-17-2005, 04:26 AM
Galt,
Thanks, I did figure it out. The problem was with Cingular set-up. It took me 3 stores to get to a person who knew, the appropriate person at the store to talk to about such matters. Everyone was nice but didn't have the experience. The person that knew the "right person" also let me know that he wouldn't return until Saturday. Finally, after going back a third time, I got Gabe who was great. He was the only one who knew that the right group in Cingular to deal with it, and that they had their own phone special phone number (for stores only). It does work now. The device is pretty amazing.