View Full Version : Checking 2 POP3 mail accounts on same ISP

numb
01-14-2005, 03:15 PM
My ISP allows me to setup multiple mail addresses in my domain, and I have (for example)
[email protected]
[email protected]

I can setup one account on my Ipaq to send and recieve mail, with the correct email address and the username set to numb@mydomain - this works just fine.

However, if I setup another account, with username set to nsurname@mydomain, it won't work - fails to connect, even tho all the other settings are the same.

It seems to be whichever I set up first, works ok. I can do the equivalent in Outlook on the desktop, just not on the PPC.

Any ideas?

Menneisyys
01-14-2005, 03:25 PM
My ISP allows me to setup multiple mail addresses in my domain, and I have (for example)
[email protected]
[email protected]

I can setup one account on my Ipaq to send and recieve mail, with the correct email address and the username set to numb@mydomain - this works just fine.

However, if I setup another account, with username set to nsurname@mydomain, it won't work - fails to connect, even tho all the other settings are the same.

It seems to be whichever I set up first, works ok. I can do the equivalent in Outlook on the desktop, just not on the PPC.

Any ideas?

It works with me so it's not a fundamental bug in Pocket Inbox/Messaging. However, you should consider switching to WebIS Mail - it' much better in every respect (e.g., downloading mail from several POP3 accounts at the same time, without manual switching between them). I don't think it would refuse to work.

numb
01-14-2005, 03:29 PM
hmmm...I wonder what I'm doing wrong then...unless its something to do with my ISP.
I have thought about WebIS, but I'm not sure how that would work with Cadenza which I use to sync with Lotus Notes mail for work

yankeejeep
01-14-2005, 06:37 PM
It must be the manner in which your ISP handles multiple email addresses. I maintain multiple Earthlink POP3 email addresses through a single user account and have no problem setting up, retrieving, and sending email from both as different Messaging inboxes.