View Full Version : what is in your IPAQ?

riuster
01-14-2005, 07:11 AM
I just received my 4700, and to my amazement the 64mb is going fast, so the basic operating system already takes a nice chunk out of the base memory.

What do you have in your SD and CF slots..HOW much more Gigs ya GOT?

Ill try the poll, never used it...I may have to edit.

jimski
01-14-2005, 08:25 AM
I already upgraded my hx4705 to 128MB of RAM because as you stated, the standard 64MB goes fast with basic overhead. With Voice Command installed, I am using 18.5MB of Porgram RAM after a soft reset.

I just increased the size of my SD and CF cards to 512MB each (on sale at Staples last week for $39 and $34), but I still have the two 256MB cards I removed for backups and extras.

So I guess it's 1.5GB onboard and another 512MB on the side. l am already looking at the 1GB cards or a nice microdrive. Where will it all end.

Lindquist
01-14-2005, 12:27 PM
I never hesistated to get more memory. I bought my PPC in July and less than a week later I bought a 128MB SD Card. So far that's been enough, but now I'm actually using the PPC for Web Development, rather than just basic Outlook functions and MP3 files so I may need to go pick up some more memory.

rberry88
01-14-2005, 06:55 PM
In my hx4700 I have a 256mb SD card and a 512mb CF card so that gives me 768mb of additional memory.

Unfortunately there is no choice in the poll for me. :roll: :cry:

johnm
01-18-2005, 10:51 AM
Yeah I've been trying to keep the RAM in my 4705 as free as possible so that I can use the bluetooth headphones. Some apps and utils just don't want to install anywhere but Ram though. :( Hp's keyboard drivers for example. My current install method is first try SD, when that doesn't work try Ipaq file store, then finally RAM.

BTW I have a 1G SD and a 4G Microdrive in mine. Very sweet for carrying a bunch of music plus at least one Divx movie to play with BetaPlayer.

riuster
01-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Yeah I've been trying to keep the RAM in my 4705 as free as possible so that I can use the bluetooth headphones. Some apps and utils just don't want to install anywhere but Ram though. :( Hp's keyboard drivers for example. My current install method is first try SD, when that doesn't work try Ipaq file store, then finally RAM.

BTW I have a 1G SD and a 4G Microdrive in mine. Very sweet for carrying a bunch of music plus at least one Divx movie to play with BetaPlayer.

5 gigs, nice....i have a 1 GB cf card, but since I have a navigation program, it eats all my memory....so I have nothing left...I was thinking of the microdrive...is that any good? Its the cheapest 4gb CF 2 compatible memory around

CF 2 cards 4GB at 10mbs are still priced at 300 plus..very steep.

jickbahtech
01-18-2005, 11:04 PM
My 3950 is lovingly cradled by a PiTech Dual Slot CF sleeve. I currently have 2.2GB on board from 2CF and 1SD cards.