View Full Version : Dreamhost and Inbox

gregmills
01-13-2005, 10:06 PM
Is anyone using Inbox to check their e-mail accounts on Dreamhost? I can download mail fine but I can't send. I've looked everywhere and tried about everything and I can't find a setup that works.

EDIT: Nevermind, I took it off the sync cable and into the other room to work on it and I discovered that it works just fine over the WiFi. I can't send from any of my accounts on a pass-through connection to my PC

Menneisyys
01-13-2005, 10:56 PM
EDIT: Nevermind, I took it off the sync cable and into the other room to work on it and I discovered that it works just fine over the WiFi. I can't send from any of my accounts on a pass-through connection to my PC

You're using an SMTP server that is accessible only via Wi-Fi, but not your desktop PC. This MAY mean they're connected to entirely different networks, and this is why the SMTP server doesn't let you in when connected via AS Internet pass-through. A solution to this may be

1, adding your PC to the enabled clients' list on your Wi-Fi SMTP server

2,using SMTP authorization from separate networks. This may mean, however, that you'll need to switch to WebIS Mail, because the SMTP autentication capabilities of Pocket Inbox/Messaging are very limited.