View Full Version : Tag RSS feed for later download

isomaniac
01-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Tried Egress and NewsBreak. Both lack the function to tap/select the favorite headlines and the software will proceed to download the full content later, when an Internet connection is available.

Is it only me or other people also want similar function?

Ripper014
01-13-2005, 07:45 PM
Yes and no... I actually would not mind if they downloaded the "FULL" content now.

The developer for Egress was looking for some input on how to make his product better... maybe you should drop by his site.

garishkernels
01-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Tried Egress and NewsBreak. Both lack the function to tap/select the favorite headlines and the software will proceed to download the full content later, when an Internet connection is available.

Is it only me or other people also want similar function?

Nobody has requested it until now. I'll see what I can do.
-Karl

garishkernels
01-27-2005, 05:09 PM
Yes and no... I actually would not mind if they downloaded the "FULL" content now.

The developer for Egress was looking for some input on how to make his product better... maybe you should drop by his site.

Actually, Egress is able to download the "FULL" content immediately (as well as automatically). From the tap-and-hold menu for an item, choose 'Cache web content' and Egress will cache the web page for the item.

-Karl

Cybrid
01-28-2005, 03:03 AM

Actually, Egress is able to download the "FULL" content immediately (as well as automatically). From the tap-and-hold menu for an item, choose 'Cache web content' and Egress will cache the web page for the item.

-Karl however this would be a "new" 128Mb device use only......With 32 feeds...I'm not sure how much full content I'd be willing to appreciate on an older X5 2002 device. :lol:

Isomaniac is quite right in suggesting that "select" items be set up for later download. I'd like that too. At present there is a permanent word file on my device called "links to follow up" I save the links and look them up later.