View Full Version : 128 MB RAM Upgrades from Pocket PC Techs for iMate Jam

Jason Dunn
01-13-2005, 04:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pocketpctechs.com/Services.asp?type=IJAM' target='_blank'>http://www.pocketpctechs.com/Servic...s.asp?type=IJAM</a><br /><br /></div><i>"We are pleased to announce that we have developed and released a 64MB to 128MB upgrade for the iMATE JAM/O2 XDA Mini/Qtek S100 Series Pocket PC. This unit uses low voltage hi-speed BGA memory, so stacking is not available and 128MB will be the maximum capacity. During the upgrade process we remove the existing 64MB and install 128MB. This memory upgrade does NOT require our proprietary driver and is fully recognized by the OS (121.39MB Available). The SRP of the upgrade is $199 including 2nd day return shipping (USA only)."</i><br /><br />If you own a iMATE JAM/O2 XDA Mini/Qtek S100 Series, and you want the memory that the big-brother PDA2K has, Pocket PC Techs can now upgrade these devices. I saw the iMate Jam in person for the first time at CES, and boy, that thing is <i>small</i>. It was one of the most popular devices at the device counter I was working - everyone kept picking it up with a sense of wonder, and when I told them it was a phone they were even more impressed. ;-) With 128 MB of RAM it would be even more killer! If you're located in Europe, you can order the upgrade <a href="http://www.expansys.com/p_ppctech.asp">though Expansys.</a>

Vincent M Ferrari
01-13-2005, 04:02 PM
I have to say that even as a standalone PPC, something that size would be awesome.

You know what's funny? That baby is smaller than any non-phone PPC I've seen. Why can't device manufacturers pack that much equipment into that small a form-factor when they aren't making a phone?

jonathanchoo
01-13-2005, 04:25 PM
I have to add that having owned a JAM for one month, i find that while the device is small, it is thicker than my old h4150 (which had WiFi) and heavier too.

But its still a nice device.

Menneisyys
01-13-2005, 04:30 PM
If you own a iMATE JAM/O2 XDA Mini/Qtek S100 Series, and you want the memory that the big-brother PDA2K has

Now, a decent BT stack upgrade/hack and the Jam is a perfect killer :)

karinatwork
01-13-2005, 05:26 PM
Any news about this device and its arrival date to Canada? Jason?? Anyone????? Anyone has any ideas if some phone companies are going to offer it, like Rogers or Bell or (sigh) Telus??

Thanks a bunch!

K.

Yorch
01-13-2005, 05:34 PM
Can the memory of the MDAII be swapped for the memory of the Xda mini?. Would that make it cheaper? I will be providing with the memory upgrade, is just a matter of paying for the solder/desolder job. So It should be cheaper, I can't afford the $200 price tag, but I can pay $50~$100 for that.

Jason Dunn
01-13-2005, 06:56 PM
Any news about this device and its arrival date to Canada? Jason?? Anyone????? Anyone has any ideas if some phone companies are going to offer it, like Rogers or Bell or (sigh) Telus??

You can order one today:

http://estore.shopplex.com/app/storefront.aspx?cat_id=290&amp;inv_id=41208105934953&amp;modid=41020102518013

I doubt we'll see phone companies here offering it for a long time - Canadian carriers are SO slow. :roll:

Jason Dunn
01-13-2005, 06:56 PM
Can the memory of the MDAII be swapped for the memory of the Xda mini?. Would that make it cheaper? I will be providing with the memory upgrade, is just a matter of paying for the solder/desolder job. So It should be cheaper, I can't afford the $200 price tag, but I can pay $50~$100 for that.

No clue - you'd have to ask Pocket PC Techs. ;-)

karinatwork
01-13-2005, 08:22 PM
Ok, next question... so if I was to order one from this website, would I be able to just pop in my GSM card and chat on Rogers, like with my current phone on my current contract??? I think it's called "unlocked".. :?:

Jason Dunn
01-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Ok, next question... so if I was to order one from this website, would I be able to just pop in my GSM card and chat on Rogers, like with my current phone on my current contract??? I think it's called "unlocked".. :?:

Yup, that's the way it works. :-)

karinatwork
01-13-2005, 08:55 PM
Cool! :drool:

Maybe I should hold off getting that new desktop system with the lightscribe drive and buy me a new pocket pc (and up the memory on it) FOR BASICALLY THE SAME AMOUNT OF $$

Now how crazy am I???

ricksfiona
01-14-2005, 06:24 AM
Oh, I am in soooo much trouble... Do I REALLY want this device? 8O