View Full Version : Question and Rant -- 1GB SD card

doughboy
01-12-2005, 09:44 PM
Why or why do ebayers continue to pay $77 plus shipping for 1GB SD cards when one can be delivered to your door for $74 from a reputable merchant on PriceGrabber?!! I am willing to pay $60 total for delivery of a new Lexar, Kingston, or Viking card. Does anyone have any inside information on any rebates forthcoming on such cards?

Further, does anyone know the difference between the white and blue Lexar 1GB SD card and the green and yellow one? Is one made in China and the others in Taiwan and Japan?

Thanks.

PDANEWBIE
01-12-2005, 10:59 PM
I donno but now that your ranting about it I may stock up on 1gb cards and sell them on ebay :) heck if I overchage on shipping (I have seen 15 bucks for 1 SD card!) I could make out like a bandit!

shawnc
01-13-2005, 12:58 AM
Don't have to deal with rebates (the bane to all society) when purchasing from ebay.

Lindquist
01-13-2005, 01:02 AM
I would buy a 1GB SD card for either of those prices. It's only a $3 difference. It's a much better deal than the $30 128MB SD card I have.

maximus
01-14-2005, 02:30 AM
Further, does anyone know the difference between the white and blue Lexar 1GB SD card and the green and yellow one? Is one made in China and the others in Taiwan and Japan?

Thanks.

The Green/Yellow Lexars are made in Japan.
A hardcore photographer friend of mine always insist on the green/yellow Lexar for all his CF and SD cards. Personally I dont see the difference in speed/performance/lifetime of the japan vs. china one.