View Full Version : scan codes for iPAQ 1940 buttons?

ipaq1940
01-09-2005, 05:22 AM
I recently got Duke 3D port for pocket pc. It was meant for smartphone (w/ more buttons). I edit the cfg file to change buttons, but I can only get
"softkey1" and "softkey2" to work. sc_AUX1 is the center button (between directional pad), and thats all that woprks for me (i cannot change weapons :( ).

Does anybody know the codes for the hardware buttons on an iPAQ 1940?

thx 0X

dylanbj
01-12-2005, 06:33 AM
This huge thread at PocketGamer might help you: http://www.pocketgamer.org/showthread.php?s=b8bfba17111485981c1168190552ea94&threadid=3963&perpage=12 .
I can't get it to work properly either, if you can somehow configure a .cfg file that works post back and tell me how!

P.S. I think you can get the keycodes if you set the value of "Showkeycodes" to 1 in the DUKE3D.cfg file. Then in the game press the button you want to find the keycodes to and it will say on the screen (i'm not sure if this works though).

ipaq1940
01-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Thanks, I'll try that.
I have seen the posts before posting here, and I browsed through 16 full pages before I got frustrated. I might just buy a bluetooth keyboard, and see if I can use it with Duke 3D.
:idea:

ipaq1940
01-13-2005, 06:06 AM
Thanks! It worked!
From left to right, including the center button, they are:
"softkey1","softkey2","sc_28","Call", "EndCall" -even though mine is not a smartphone (Call? End Call?" 8O )

dylanbj
01-13-2005, 02:48 PM
I finally got it working as well except I can't set the record button to escape without stopping the action key from working. :?

ipaq1940
01-13-2005, 08:27 PM
I know. Once, before this post, I got the record button to work. Now, the screen wont show that it is a button. If I did get it working, I could have an inventory button.
Where can I get the full version of Duke Nukem 3D? I need the full GRP file.
It's so nostalgic! When we (me and my twin brother) were 7, we'd borrow Duke Nukem 64, and play it for hoursw on end. Playing these levels was pretty cool. After so many years, I still remembered the secrets.

But I have another problem:
I can play the LA Meltdown levels, but the others won't work. Is this because I have the grp file for the demo? it must be.

dylanbj
01-14-2005, 07:33 AM
I can play the LA Meltdown levels, but the others won't work. Is this because I have the grp file for the demo? it must be.

Yeah. You need the full version .grp file to play all episodes.

It's so nostalgic! When we (me and my twin brother) were 7, we'd borrow Duke Nukem 64

Its the same for me, I used to play it when Iwas about that age as well. :lol:

ipaq1940
01-14-2005, 04:23 PM
Haha. Even though we can't play multiplayer, my bro (we are both 14) also has a pocket pc, and got Duke 3D as well. Before school (now) we played a few levels to see who coyuld beat them the quickest.

I actually played Red-Light District for the first time (not just mess around) and still, from when I was 7, I remember most of the secrets and button codes to open doors with.

If I were to go out and buy a keyboard (like bluetooth) would I be able to use it to play Duke 3D? I saw the original keys that were configured, and the were A-Z, and other thigs on keyboards. Would those codes be the same for a bluetooth keyboard?
Because to normally play, I'd need another 2 buttons minimum. Opening something also uses whatever's in my inventory, which gets annoying, and I can't select a specific item in my inventory.

AS WELL: What episodes are in the demo, just the first? LA Meltdown)

ipaq1940
01-15-2005, 03:05 AM
Another question: How would I simulate keyboard keys? I can only save the game by typing a name for it, but do not have a smartphone or keyboard. :(

dylanbj
01-16-2005, 11:08 AM
If I were to go out and buy a keyboard (like bluetooth) would I be able to use it to play Duke 3D?

Yeah, I think it says somewhere in that forum at pocketgamer that people had got it working with a bluetooth keyboard.

AS WELL: What episodes are in the demo, just the first? LA Meltdown

Yes, only LA meltdown.

How would I simulate keyboard keys? I can only save the game by typing a name for it, but do not have a smartphone or keyboard.

I'm not sure, but I think you need to download a save game somewhere then save over that. You then wouldn't have to name the file.

ipaq1940
01-16-2005, 06:10 PM
"I'm not sure, but I think you need to download a save game somewhere then save over that. You then wouldn't have to name the file"

Where would I get one? Would I just be able to put it on without conversion? Does this work?

dylanbj
01-19-2005, 06:02 AM
Does this work?
I just tried it and it doesn't appear to work. I got the file by installing Duke Nukem 3D on my main computer, then I saved a game. I put it on my PPC but it didn't recognise it. I'm probably doing something wrong. I'll have a read of the PocketGamer forum in a minute, it might say what to do.

dylanbj
01-19-2005, 07:03 AM
I can now save!!
You actually need a smartphone savegame, not just one from the computer. Some guy in the pocketgamer forum posted this: http://moldova.cc/phoenixstudio/saveandmycfg.rar . It's a .rar file so you'll need winrar to extract it. Just put the game0.sav in the duke directory of your PPC and you can now save!
(It also contains a cfg file which is useless)

ipaq1940
01-19-2005, 04:14 PM
:) Im so soory I didnt tell you that earlier. right after I asked, I went and found that, and have been playing frquently and SAVING! yay, everybody in my claass remembers the game and thought it was pretty cool!

Next adventure:trying to get my record button to work.
I don't know how, but I DID GET it working once by fluke. too bad I deleted the cfg file.
thx