View Full Version : ActiveSync questions from a new PPC user

msanto
01-09-2005, 02:37 AM
a) Anyone try ManyPartners or Sync Manager (Kelbran)? I see that
ManyPartners does not seem to require any intervention (short of
disconnecting and reconnecting the PPC) whereas Sync Manager requires
selection of the proper profile. Anyone have experience with these?

b) Is there any way to "force" ActiveSync to write in a certain direction?
Meaning, overwrite the PPC with the Desktop, etc. (short of establishing a
new partnership, I mean).

c) Anyone have better luck w/ 3rd party sync products like Intellisync or
PDASync? Do they get around the ActiveSync 2 PC limitation issue?

I'm moving over from Palm to PPC and wondering about these issues.

jimski
01-09-2005, 04:02 AM
For b), open Active Sync and go to Options, Rules, and under Conflict Resolution, select "Always replace the item on my device".

Can't help with your other questions. I did try Intellisync for a couple hours one day and swiftly removed it (buggy).

msanto
01-09-2005, 06:49 PM
For b), open Active Sync and go to Options, Rules, and under Conflict Resolution, select "Always replace the item on my device".

Can't help with your other questions. I did try Intellisync for a couple hours one day and swiftly removed it (buggy).

Hmmm. That sounds like something if a conflict occurs. But what if I just want the desktop to overwrite the handheld completely (or vice versa), conflict or no conflict?

msanto
01-09-2005, 06:49 PM

Hmmm. That sounds like something if a conflict occurs. But what if I just want the desktop to overwrite the handheld completely (or vice versa), conflict or no conflict?