View Full Version : Help with PPCPE internet connection

Shaun Stuart
01-08-2005, 07:33 PM
I am experiencing difficulties when browsing the web using a dial up connection. The pocket pc dials my isps number and actually connects but I lose the connection after about 10 seconds. I have similar problames when trying to access emails through my pop3 account - the pocket pc connects, logs in, begins sending and receiving mail but then the connection gets lost.

Anyone have any idea ?

I have an Imate PDA2k (which is great by the way). My ISP is "demon" and I have no problems accessing the internet through wi-fi when a connection is available.

Shaun Stuart
01-10-2005, 09:08 PM
Anyone help me with this ????

Menneisyys
01-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Elaborate a bit more on your setup. Are you using GPRS or "plain" dial-up? Have you tried resetting the modem of the phone by entering a plain Z in the extra string (if there's already something there, just make Z a prefix) etc.

Shaun Stuart
01-10-2005, 11:29 PM
I am using plain dial-up. not sure what you mean concerning reseting the modem - where do i find the settings for this ?

Paragon
01-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Who is your carrier Shaun? Some carriers do not allow dialup internet connections (CSD) Check with your carrier to see if this is possible. If not you will have to set up a data account and use GPRS.

dave