View Full Version : Which SD Card is good to use with O2 XDAII Mini?

Manoj
01-07-2005, 09:40 PM
256megs was bundled with my XDAII Mini but I find it not enough for me.

I want to buy a larger capacity SD Card. 512megs or 1GB.

I can find a Panasonic 512megs SD Card for $530 and a Sandisk Ultra II 512megs for $540.

The only thing is confusing me is that the Lexar 1GB SD Card can be found for $600.

I understand that the Panasonic and Sandisk Ultra II cards are 10mb/s, which is fast and the Lexar 1GB has a transfer rate of about 5 or 6mb/S (according to Lexar's Website). Does it really matter how fast the transfer speed is once it is being used in the XDA II mini?

Should i go for a faster SD Card or a larger capacity SD Card?

I also found a Panasonic 512megs SD CArd (20mb/S) for $680. Not sure if it is worth the price.

What do you guys think? Any help will be highly appreciated.

PS. The prices quoted are in Hong Kong dollars.

Menneisyys
01-07-2005, 09:46 PM

Very simple: for the larger capacity one. PDA's have card interfaces having very restricted bandwidth, so they can't really make use of the rel bandwidth of a fast card.

Manoj
01-07-2005, 09:52 PM

Very simple: for the larger capacity one. PDA's have card interfaces having very restricted bandwidth, so they can't really make use of the rel bandwidth of a fast card.

How is the Lexar 1GB SD Card? That is probably the cheapest one I can get for 1 GB.

So getting a fast SD CArd will not make any difference with the XDAII mini?

Darius Wey
01-08-2005, 02:36 AM

You scared me until I saw that statement at the bottom. :D

Anyway, since you're in HK, look for a Silicon Power Ultima SD Card. They're dirt cheap and backed with a lifetime warranty.

Manoj
01-08-2005, 06:51 AM

You scared me until I saw that statement at the bottom. :D

Anyway, since you're in HK, look for a Silicon Power Ultima SD Card. They're dirt cheap and backed with a lifetime warranty.

"Silicon Power Ultima"?

Is this a company name or what?

Darius Wey
01-08-2005, 06:54 AM
"Silicon Power Ultima"? Is this a company name or what?

Sorry. I'll clarify. "Silicon Power" is the company name. "Ultima" is their branding of the high-speed variants of the SD card.

Manoj
01-08-2005, 07:04 AM
"Silicon Power Ultima"? Is this a company name or what?

Sorry. I'll clarify. "Silicon Power" is the company name. "Ultima" is their branding of the high-speed variants of the SD card.

I don't think we have any SD cards from Silicon Power.

We have Lexar, Sandisk, Ridata, Panasonic, Eagltech, Kingston, Kingmax, Digifilm, etc.

I was confused by looking at the speeds when I was at the store yesterday. I was wondering if I should go for a 60X SD Card 512megs or 40x 1GB card. Both are similar in price.

Anyway, I checked out Lexar's website and their High Speed SD Card is rated at 32x.

http://store.lexar.com/?category=21&subcategory=6&productid=SD1GB-32-231

I don't know why the guy at the store told me that the Lexar' s card can transfer 10mb/s?

Manoj
01-08-2005, 07:14 AM
Lexar 60X 1GB.

IS this what the guy in the store is talking about?

I can find this at a very good price.

How to make sure that it is 60X or 32x when I buy one?