View Full Version : SD card only restores folder not files within back to Ipaq

dibbs26
01-07-2005, 01:18 PM
Hi,
When I try a restore from my SD card to my Ipaq for one file within a folder it doesnt work. All that does happen is the folder is restored but with no files within.........

Could anybody help
cheers

WyattEarp
01-08-2005, 05:45 AM
Need a little detail as to what you did to restore the file, but here are some points to check on:

1. What program are you using to restore files?
2. Is it capable of doing so?
3. If you are using Sprite Backup (iPAQ Backup) make sure only the file and folder you want to restore are checked off.
4. Is the Backup copy good?

dibbs26
01-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I have a folder on my sd card which was cut and pasted from my ipaq. The folder is called Alarms and the file within this is called alarm pricing. I did a backup via ipaq backup on friday and whenever i try to restore this file back to the ipaq all that is there is the folder but no file.
I have just tried a different way tapping the box with the 3 dots in it which takes me to 'open' screen. I select the relevant folder then go into type and select all files. The relevant file is there and when i tap it the ipaq says the file is corrupt even though i can still view this file perfectly normally via other ways
puzzling.... any help appreciated

WyattEarp
01-11-2005, 12:42 AM
If the file is corrupt then there isn't anything you can really do about that on the PPC. What is the extention of the file. It is possible the file is just not viewable on a PPC. Can you view it on your PC and if so with what program.[/quote]

dibbs26
01-11-2005, 09:16 AM
The file extension is .pxl . All I have done is created a spreadsheet on my PPC and then cut and pasted it onto the SD card to save space on the Ipaq. When I try and restore it back to the Ipaq it says file corrupt. Should I just cut and paste it back ?

Thanks for your help

WyattEarp
01-14-2005, 06:43 AM
The file extension is .pxl . All I have done is created a spreadsheet on my PPC and then cut and pasted it onto the SD card to save space on the Ipaq. When I try and restore it back to the Ipaq it says file corrupt. Should I just cut and paste it back ?

Thanks for your help

Try it and see if it works, but you might be better off recreating the file from scratch.

dibbs26
01-14-2005, 03:53 PM
When I do a cut and paste from the card to the ipaq it works perfectly fine................just puzzled why it wont do it from restore within ipaq backup......... :?

WyattEarp
01-16-2005, 07:54 PM
:? Are you sure you didn't backup an "empty" .pxl file that didn't save properly in PE? Because if you cut and pasted it from the PPC to the SD card then it is no longer on the PPC. If you copied it then it would still be on the PPC and just duplicated on the SD card.