View Full Version : Atari Retro Bundle with x50v from deal in Nov

GoldKey
01-06-2005, 07:34 PM
I had ordered the bundle when they had the super deal in Nov and cancelled it when they delayed the order. I instead decided to go with a small laptop (a decision I do not regret). Anyway, today I get a shipment notice that they shipped the Retro card even though the order clearly shows as cancelled. Spent 20 minutes trying to get through via phone and gave up and sent an e-mail that they have not responded to yet. Unfortunately, I had it shipped to my office and all packages go through receiving, and I can't get them to refuse it. If Dell does not respond and offer a way to return it at no cost, I think it is mine to keep for free.

Did this happen to anyone else that may have cancelled an Axim order?

essenge
01-07-2005, 07:47 AM
if you have a confirmation number/email/letter etc. and you get charged for it, then im sure you can get it for free in the end :)

ppcinfo
01-07-2005, 04:02 PM
I got the Dell Atari Retro Bundle in the mail last week, and it's just a CD. So, no big loss for Dell (except for shipping charge) if they mistakenly sent it to you.

ppcinfo

dartman
01-07-2005, 04:37 PM
I instead decided to go with a small laptop (a decision I do not regret).

I've been thinking the same thing about a small laptop. Which one did you buy?

Thanks,

dart

GoldKey
01-07-2005, 04:57 PM
I got an Averatec:

AV3250HS
CPU Mobile AMD Athlon™ XP-M 2200+
OS Microsoft ® Windows ® XP Home Edition
LCD Size 12.1'' XGA
Optical Drive Dual DVD +/- Burner
Hard Drive 60
Memory 512MB DDR
Wireless LAN 802.11g
Wired LAN 10/100 LAN
Modem 56k
USB (3x) 2.0
DimensionsWxDxH) 10.9" x 9.6" x 1"
Weight (lbs.) 4.5 lbs.
Part # AV3250HS-20

This is a Sam's club exclusive and I paid $899. Not as small as some of the much more expensive ones, but it was the right price/size/performance ratio for me. I have it in a roadwired wrap and it slides into my sling bag nicely whereas my Compaq laptop had no chance. Funny thing, by the time I took out my PDA and all of the accessories and just replaced them with this one item, there was not much of a weight difference in my bag.

dartman
01-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Sorry to go off topic.

Thanks for the info. Looks like a nice feature set.

May have to checkout Sams on the way home.

dart

JF in Detroit
01-12-2005, 04:37 PM
I also ordered my X50v in November, and I just received my Atari Retro games. It came on a SD card, which btw, also works on my wife's Palm.

JF