View Full Version : hx4700 and Seagate ST1 drive from Rio Carbon

vansu
01-06-2005, 05:23 PM
I know that this has been talked about before on another thread so I won't go on forever. First off, I bought the Rio Carbon with the intentions of ripping it apart for the 5 Gig ST1 microdrive. Unfortunately it does not work in my hx4700. It works perfectly in the USB card reader. The drive information is as follows: model microdrive :ST650211CF, P/N: 9AF212-001 Date: 05155. I know that the drive is capable of CFIO and IDE, but it looks like it is locked in IDE mode. Does anyone know if there is a way to unlock the IDE mode and switch it back to CFIO? Also, can the hx4700 not get a hack program to configure the CF slot for IDE interface? For those of you that got the ST1 drive to work, can you please confirm on the model number and P/N and date of your unit? It would probably shed some light on the situation as to when RIO decided to lockout these drives?

:cry: I guess it was never meant to be...

Simply_Good
01-13-2006, 06:07 AM
:roll:
I too am in the same spot of trouble. While I am new to this site, I have read with interest many of the posts and am quite impressed with the technical responses and I need a bit of help.

I purchased a 6gb ST1 microdrive from E-bay, not realizing it was a "harvested drive". From what it was harvested from, I am not too sure. The price was great, about $120, so I bought it. The drive works perfect in my CF card reader and accpeted a fat32 format with no problems, but the drive is not recognized by myIPAQ 4705. I can hear it start up, spin for a few seconds and then nothing.

For those who might inquire, I did check the CF slot with a CF card and the slot worked fine and without flaw.

I have come to the conclusion this drive is an IDE drive too, so if anyone out there has a work around, I would appreciate the help. I am to the point of maybe commiting a bit of surgery on it, but I need a spec sheet to maybe unlock the IDE only. I was hoping there might be a firmware upgrade or fix. Hmmmmm

S/N : 3ME59BET
P/N : 9AF232 - 001
Model : ST660211CF

Thanks again for any help which might come.