View Full Version : AvantGo Windows folder

jalm1
01-06-2005, 06:59 AM
I recently updated my avantgo software to the new verison, and installed in on the ROM file store so i would free up more ram. My question is, in the file manager under the windows folder i see a AvantGo folder with many subfolders and files, but also see a very similiare folder and structure in the ROM file store. I am wondering if the version that is in the windows folder is the remenints from the old version, and if i can remove that folder to free up space? anyone else know about this folder? Thanks.

Darius Wey
01-06-2005, 08:20 AM
No. It's a part of the new version. I'd leave it in there. Besides, they are only taking up bytes, not kilobytes. It's negligible by today's standards.

jalm1
01-06-2005, 05:46 PM
Thanks!

applejosh
01-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Actually, when I did the upgrade on my 3955 (installed to SD card), all the previous goodies were still under that directory (and taking up 1.5MB). I'd check to see how big that directory is. And on my rx3715, I installed the new version of AvantGo to SD (no previous version was used on there), and there are no AvantGo files in my Windows directory. (I hard reset my 3955 and put it out to pasture, so I can't verify this on that device.) So, I don't think there are supposed to be files in the Windows directory. But I'm not willing to take responsibility if you delete them and hose your device. :) Proceed at your own risk.