View Full Version : Review of silicon case for XDA II Mini / i-mate JAM

zetsurin
01-06-2005, 03:48 AM
I just received a soft translucent-white silicon case for my XDA II Mini from ebay. Firstly, I was quite impressed by the fact that I bought it on Sunday and the item has already arrived in Sydney today (Thursday).

For those interested, this is the item: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15036&item=5742228931&rd=1&ssPageName=WD2V

I was initially worried that this was just going to look like a big condom (I hate those things no matter what I am putting them on :twisted: ), but it turns out looking quite good and the cutout areas (screen, stylus, camera, top and bottom of the unit) fit nicely. It's also quite grippy so the unit isn't going to slide around. I was also quite worried that the fact that the skin covers the buttons would look silly and/or make them diffult to use, but the case actually is moulded to the shape of the buttons themselves and dare I say it they feel just as easy to use as they did with the case off.

All in all, I am very happy with the $10US I spent on it. However, the only 1 thing I don't particularly like are the 'lumps' at the top left and right corner which detract slightly from the unit's appearance, I can only imagine that they were added there to either protect the unit in case it's dropped or to strengthen the case itself. This case adds no bulk whatsoever. Essentially this appears to be quite similar to the JAVOSkins, the only difference being that JAVO don't currently make a skin for the XDA II Mini.

I have taken a series of photos, but don't presently have a place to host them. Can anyone help out with that?

Cheers.

dMores
01-08-2005, 03:53 PM
hey, that condom does look nice !

pic hosting ... you can try any free webhosting company, like fortunecity etc. google for "free web hosting" ;)

you could also start a moblog at www.textamerica.com, email your pics, then post the link here.

cheers daniel