View Full Version : Interactive eBooks

Paula
01-05-2005, 11:51 AM
I think I'm in love with this concept.

Yesterday I found this site http://www.inebooks.com I downloaded the demo of Sherlock Holmes 3 stories to solve for the PPC and started to read/play. The concept is brilliant (why didn't I think of this?) you read a supplied story and along the way you pick up clues, items etc and by the end of the story you get to solve the mystery, riddle, whatever. The best way to understand this concept is to download a demo story for yourself. The only drawback is that they don't let you get very far so you really don't grasp the full potential of the product until you buy it. This is why I said I think I'm in love. They should at least let you experience some of the goodies first. If you download a demo you will understand what I mean.

Try it, you may like it.

ironguy
01-05-2005, 04:24 PM
A few tears ago, or maybe more than a few now, this concept was used in many kids books. Basically you read a page or two, then make a decision. You'd then go to different pages based on your decision. There was an Mazingo or Avantgo channel a while back that had a similar type of book. Each day, a new chapter would sync. You'd decide on a course of action and the nect days download would be based on your decision.

dMores
01-05-2005, 05:26 PM
A few tears ago, [...]
was it really that sad ?
;)

ironguy
01-06-2005, 04:40 PM
"As the sun slowly set, Jason realized she was not going to return."

If you decide to get another girlfriend, go to page 389.
If you decide to go without a girlfriend, go to page 400.

I sure wish they had leyboards that could read minds! I'm a terrible typist! 8O