View Full Version : PDA2K (SPV M2000) - HELP

Ditch
01-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Hope someone can help, I have an Orange SPV M2000 which my cat kindly knocked off a worktop and smashed the screen on...... :cry:

I am getting it replaced under insurance but there is 1 text message on it i need desperatly. The Phone still boots and syncs with activesync i just cant see anything on the display. Does anyone know how i can backup the text message by finding the file / folder it is in on the phone through activesync.

Any help would be appreciated!

Many Thanks

Ditch :D

Paragon
01-04-2005, 10:55 PM
I would suggest downloading one of the remote programs such as one of these: http://www.handango.com/PlatformSearch.jsp?optionId=1_2_2&jid=EEDDF2F448D8BA6FFFDD6EA43DFX7X5F&platformId=2&siteId=1&txtSearch=remote+control When you install them to your device the only catch I can see is that you are likely to get a message saying this app may not display...yada, yada. In which case a soft rest should od the trick. You should then be able to see, and manipulate your entire device on your desktop.

Good luck......kill the cat :-)

Dave

Ditch
01-05-2005, 12:05 AM
Many Thanks worked a treat

Ditch :D

Paragon
01-05-2005, 12:18 AM
Cool 8) Glad to help!

HobbesIsReal
01-06-2005, 01:22 AM
I also had a cracked screen on my 6601 so touch calibration was useless. But with the Thinkoutside BT travel Mouse and BT keyboard, it works just fine!

That got me through until mine was replaced.

Paragon
01-06-2005, 01:32 AM
I also had a cracked screen on my 6601 so touch calibration was useless. But with the Thinkoutside BT travel Mouse and BT keyboard, it works just fine!

That got me through until mine was replaced.

I'm curious, how did the replacement process go with your carrier?

HobbesIsReal
01-06-2005, 02:23 AM
Here is a post I did on another forum about it:

Getting 6600 With Free Upgrade

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay....it is official....all my pain and suffering with 2 defective phones , month long delays , and two lost replacement orders have paid off!!!

SPRINT IS SENDING ME A PPC-6600 to replace my PPC-6601....WITHOUT ANY EXTRA UPGRADE CHARGE!!!!

I don't even think these are even available to order yet!!! If I am not the first in the USA to get this phone from Sprint...then I am at least among the first few!!!

==================
Here is what happened (you can skip this part this is just therapeutic venting on my part):
==================

I have been trying to get my one with the cracked screen replaced for nearly 4 weeks now. It took two weeks to get authorization to replace the phone through warranty instead of insurance. They placed my replacement phone order on the 9th...sent the return kit but lost the phone order. My Sprint National Sales Manager contact then placed a second a replacement order for me on the 18th.....they lost that order too. But then they found my original order that now had 3 Samsung VG-1000 phones waiting to process!!!!! That is a joke of phone compared to the PPC-6601 (but nice just as stand alone phone). After contacting the National Sprint Manager again he directed me to cancel all orders, place a new order, and he was passing my case up for high visibility at Sprint Corp due to all the errors in taking 15 days to process a 3 day processing order by losing two orders, including the one he personally placed in my behalf. Two days ago I called placed a new order. Yesterday I called and confirmed it has shipped.

Today I got a call from the processing saying they have not shipped it, but need a CC payment to cover the phone until I return the old one. I explained the situation and asked if I can get the 6600 in instead because of nearly a month getting this resolved. She put me on hold....found a phone...and ordered it for me for no extra charge. The only catch is that is backordered and will be there anytime in the next 3-15 days.

Since I now have the BT mouse for my 6601 the cracked screen is not a big issue anymore, so it is worth the wait!

Paragon
01-06-2005, 02:28 AM
Sorry I asked :) -Joking-

Well at least in the end it looks like you are going to do ok.

dave

Ditch
01-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Replacement Phone should be delivered to me on monday, It was claimed through Oranges own insurance so no need to wait for third party insurance claims.

Ditch