View Full Version : Today screen text colour

BongoMadMan
01-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Hi there,

I've just got a Navman PiN for Christmas (same as Mio 168 DigiWalker), so I'm quite new to all this Pocket PC stuff.

I've set up a new Today screen image, which is quite bright (lots of white/grey tones), but this means that it's hard to read the today screen text which is all white.

I've searched all over, but there doesn't seem to be an obvious way of changing the colour of the text on the today screen. :(

Does anyone know if there's a method of changing this that I don't know about, or some software I can download that will allow me to do this?

many thanks - and Happy New Year to all.

wocket
01-04-2005, 03:24 PM
FunnySnake (http://www.funnysnake.com/) have a great free theme creator that runs on your pocket pc. It will also allow you to modify the today text colour.

Hope that sorts you out!

Menneisyys
01-04-2005, 03:28 PM
Hi there,

I've just got a Navman PiN for Christmas (same as Mio 168 DigiWalker), so I'm quite new to all this Pocket PC stuff.

I've set up a new Today screen image, which is quite bright (lots of white/grey tones), but this means that it's hard to read the today screen text which is all white.

I've searched all over, but there doesn't seem to be an obvious way of changing the colour of the text on the today screen. :(

Does anyone know if there's a method of changing this that I don't know about, or some software I can download that will allow me to do this?

many thanks - and Happy New Year to all.

You''ll need to use e.g. Tweaks2k2 to change the Today screen/Start menu text colors if you don't want to fuss with direct reghacking. Or, if you used the MS Theme Generator 2.0, there's an option in it to set the Today text color (NOT the Start menu color though - you'll need a separate reghack - e.g., Tweaks2k2 to do that).

BTW, always use WM2003's built-in Pictures to add new Today screen images. It's far superior to any other solutions (Settings/Today; MS Theme Generator etc) because it allows for setting any "dispersity" (and, for SE/VGA users, it works great in any screen orientation / resolution).

BongoMadMan
01-04-2005, 06:05 PM
Thanks everyone for your help.

I installed FunnySnake's TKCreator (http://www.funnysnake.com/products_tkcreater.php).

Not only is this FreeWare (because I'm SUCH a cheap-skate!) but it's also rather good - allowing you to configure pretty much all the colours on the screen.

This has enabled me to not only set my Today screen text to something I can read with my custom background picture, but allowed me to customise the rest of the screen to fit the colour scheme of the picture too. Result!

Thanks to everyone. I'm now a happy bunny.

:D