View Full Version : Synchronization Problem

Oregon Trail
01-03-2005, 02:56 AM
I disconnected my USB devices due to a problem with USB. While I think I solved that problem, I can't synch my Toshiba E-805. It powers up when I put it in the cradle, but ActicveSync says it is not connected. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. :?

Darius Wey
01-03-2005, 04:18 AM
What USB devices did you disconnect? :?

Open ActiveSync on the PC, and click on File > Connection Settings. Ensure that the "Allow USB connection with this desktop computer" box is ticked. Also, open up ActiveSync on the Pocket PC, and tap Tools > Options, then select the relevant PC, and tap Options. Ensure that USB is selected in the drop-down menu, then press OK. Try synchronising the device. Does that solve anything?

Oregon Trail
01-03-2005, 04:51 AM
I disconnected:
1. Web Cam
2.E-125 Cradle
3. E-805 cradle
4. Printer
5.Multi card reader
6.Label Maker

All have been reconnected. Unfortunately, your suggestions haven't worked. When I attempt to connect it still says "not connected". When I click on get connected both com1 and com2 are available. Then the disconnect sound occurs.

Darius Wey
01-03-2005, 04:55 AM
Are your USB ports actually working? (i.e. your other reconnected devices are functional)

Have you tried plugging the cradle in another USB port?

Oregon Trail
01-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Yes they function. I have the printer connected. I moved it to another port without a problem. Changing the port for the cradle doesn't seem to help. I updated the drivers to my system on 1/2/05, and later the system crashed. Prevented me from accessing the Internet. Not sure if it is related. I used Go Back to reset the system.

Darius Wey
01-05-2005, 03:56 AM
Right-click My Computer on the desktop and select Manage. Next, select Device Manager and scroll down to the bottom of the list. With your cradle plugged in and Pocket PC sitting in it, is there an entry called "Windows CE USB Devices" or something along the lines of that?

Oregon Trail
01-05-2005, 11:41 PM
Right-click My Computer on the desktop and select Manage. Next, select Device Manager and scroll down to the bottom of the list. With your cradle plugged in and Pocket PC sitting in it, is there an entry called "Windows CE USB Devices" or something along the lines of that?

Sorry for the delay responding. I checked the above noted place and didn't find anything. Should I reinstall the software for my PDA?

Darius Wey
01-06-2005, 08:46 AM
Sorry for the delay responding. I checked the above noted place and didn't find anything. Should I reinstall the software for my PDA?

Yes, try uninstalling ActiveSync and reinstalling it. If that fails to work, let me know and I'll look into linking you up with the specific USB drivers you need.

Oregon Trail
01-08-2005, 09:18 PM
Thanks for your help. :D I uninstalled ActiveSync and downloaded the 3.8 version. I moved the USB connection to another port and now am able to connect and access most of what I need for downloads and updates. I hope that stability problems have been addressed in 3.8. :roll: I have had another problem for a while with synchronizing files and notes. A few of one(notes) will sync, then the connection drops. Unchecking notes and going to files results in the same thing. My short term solution has been to just uncheck them for synchronization. I assume there is a conflict between the PPC and the PC, but don't know where to look. Any ideas?

Darius Wey
01-09-2005, 03:44 AM
I assume there is a conflict between the PPC and the PC, but don't know where to look. Any ideas?

Perhaps. It's hard to say at this stage with such few details. A solution that commonly works is to recreate your Outlook PST file. Try following what I've specified here, (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=295038#295038) and if that fails to work, let me know.