View Full Version : i-mate Jam Bluetooth Stack

dignow96
01-02-2005, 07:27 PM
I just received my i-mate Jam and I can't get it to pair with my Dell BT keyboard. I'm told that I need the widcomm 1.4 stack but it seems to be eluding me. Any suggestions on where to find it and once I do how do I actually upgrade the stack. Thanks in advance for the help.

Menneisyys
01-03-2005, 11:51 AM
I just received my i-mate Jam and I can't get it to pair with my Dell BT keyboard. I'm told that I need the widcomm 1.4 stack but it seems to be eluding me. Any suggestions on where to find it and once I do how do I actually upgrade the stack. Thanks in advance for the help.

Unfortunately, that's not simple. Because of the higher licensing fees, I don't think HTC releases the Widcomm stack for the Jam. Your only hope is

- Dell (that is, ThinkOutside, because the Dell keyboard is just a rebranded ThinkOutside StowAway) adds Microsoft BT stack support to the BT keyboard driver

- somebody will "hack" the Widcomm BT stack to the Jam as well. It can be easier than you think, because the I-mate PDA2k already sports the Widcomm stack ( http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=34600 ), and transferring the BT stack implementation from a machine from the same manufacturer is, in most cases, easier than from a machine from a different manufacturer.

- if noone does that, you can dive into the problem yourself. There're plenty of tutorials / discussion of changin the MS stack to Widcomm on, e.g., the Mitac/older Toshiba/older F-S/I-Mate PPC's, so you will find plenty of information.