View Full Version : 2210 and SD card question

Paul_R
01-02-2005, 06:40 PM
I've read somewhere (and can't remember where) that there's 'issues' with some makes of SD card and the Ipaq 2210.

Does anybody know which makes are OK?

I bought a 1GB card (Integral) which was fine for a while until I started to fill it a little and it became unhappy.

I tried formatting it in my card reader and had no problems. I tried it with Pocket Mechanic which formated OK but wouldn't complete a surface scan or any form of check without the Ipaq frezzing and needing a soft reset.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks

Paul

PDANEWBIE
01-03-2005, 02:03 AM
I have used Lexar, HP, and SanDisk without problems. However I have had the locking up issue you decribe. They released an SDIO patch that once applied fixed my locking up problem. Mine was not card specific as any card I put in it would lock up. Also it didn't matter if it was application being ran or just accessing files.

Darius Wey
01-03-2005, 04:33 AM
Check the HP Drivers (http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us/locate/105_5721.html) page and download the latest ROM and SD updates if you haven't. The make of the card, theoretically, shouldn't pose a problem. A couple of cards have been known to cause minor issues in the past, but the chances that this would be the problem are quite slim.

Paul_R
01-03-2005, 09:14 AM
Thanks guys.

I'm already at ROM version 1.10 but will try the SD patch when I get home tonight.

Paul_R
01-05-2005, 12:17 AM
I tried the SDIO patch when I got home last night but didn't have time to test it properly until today. I'm already on ROM 1.10 so no point in looking at that.

The problem is still there. I can format and verify the card in my card reader but my 2210 just doesn't want to know beyond a certain point. :(

Even the benchmark in Pocket Mechanic reports that the card has been removed when it hits a certain point on the card. Every other card I have is perfectly OK so I can only think that I've got a dodgy card. :cry:

Thanks for your help anyway.

Don Tolson
01-05-2005, 12:50 AM
I've found that some of the more 'generic' SD cards are unreadable in my 2215. As noted above, I tend to stick to the more well-known names (SanDisk, Lexar, etc.) and have had no problems since then.