View Full Version : Security app

applejosh
01-01-2005, 12:47 AM
I'm looking for an app that will lock the PDA after a length of inactivity (and can be locked manually) (encryption isn't mandatory) and will hard reset the device after so many failed attempts. I was using Nice Start on my 3955, but it doesn't want to work on my rx3715. (I'm guessing it's a WM2k3SE thing.)

(If this kind of functionality is built into WM2k3SE, I apologize and ask someone to point that out to me.)

So if anyone knows of an app like this that works on WM2k3SE, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Lex
01-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Hi again applejosh. The description of Nice Start over at Handango says the app works on WM2003. Trancreative's site is at: http://www.trancreative.com/nicestart.aspx in case you want to root around there and maybe email them to see why it won't work on the rx3715. You've probably done this but there's software to search at www.handango.com and www.pocketgear.com. Good luck with the app and the new unit.

applejosh
01-03-2005, 12:18 AM
It did work with WM2003. Just didn't work with WM2003SE, at least in initial testing. I may do a backup and try again (or do a backup, hard reset, and try again).

I've looked through the security/locking apps over at Handango and Pocketgear, but nothing caught my fancy. I essentially just want a bomb to wipe out my RAM after so many incorrect password attempts.

applejosh
01-03-2005, 12:21 AM
Sorry to post a reply to my reply, but I actually see transcreative has a user forum, so I'll look there. Still open to other suggestions as well.

Thanks,

EDIT:
I found a thread detailing issues with my problem, and saw that they issued a fix in November. I just have to find my logon information for their site now.